Eating strictly Paleo or Primal can be confusing when it comes to certain grey topics, but here’s a general breakdown of how I approach Primal Living:
- Eat plenty of meat (incl. offal and broth), vegetables, eggs, healthy fats, and limited fruits, dairy and nuts AT HOME – the fool-proof plan to control is to cooking at home
- Quality Matters: when financially practical, eating organic and/or pasture-raised is crucial – while it’s hard to see the immediate impact of processed, industrial “food”, long-term health risks are numerous and ever-growing
- Ban on HFCS, Gluten (and most other grains), Grain “vegetable” Oils and other industrial food stuffs
- Very limited consumption of dairy (excluding cream, butter and occasional yogurt) white rice and tubers
- Fish Oil (I don’t eat enough fish), Vitamin D and Natural Probiotics (sauerkraut, yogurt)
- Get plenty of SLEEP – often under-appreciated, but 7-8 hours nightly helps maximize GH, bodily detox and cortisol levels… plus it blunts my food cravings. Tips: Stop eating by 8pm and try books over electronics at night!
- Play Outdoors: trying to stay away from the gym (sterile smell, monthly fees and NO SUN!!) – at least once weekly sprinting, 2x weekly heavy lifting and plenty of leisure walks, hikes, cycling and sport
K.I.S.S. is the best policy for success!